Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 03, 2011

a Reason, a Season, a Lifetime

Hi Everyone;

I had that spam e-mail proven to me tonight.  The one that says everyone you come accross is there for a reason a season or a lifetime. ...maybe that's not quite what I mean.

There was a person....she was with a company that contracts people out to my Lodge and they are closely linked with my department.  Anyway, she was here for maybe ten days before deciding to leave that company to go and work somewhere else.  I had only worked with her for four shifts but, the difference between when she was here and tonight is significant.  I'm not the only one to have noticed it either.  I find it amazing that someone that I interacted with so minimally and for such a short time can leave such a big hole.

I have always believed that everything happens for a reason, I just hadn't noticed that I don't LIVE it.  I've realized that I should start paying closer attention to all the people in my life and what lessons they are trying to teach me and not just the obvious ones.  The whole situation with this girl has left me with MANY questions.  I don't know that I've ever met anyone quite like her.  I've known alot of people that are full of life and light up a room when they come in but, this one was something else.  I can only hope that our paths will cross again....as awkward as that may be for me when it does.  At any rate I feel lucky to have known her even for the short time that I did.

This video on YouTube says it better than I can.  a Reason, a Season, a Lifetime

I'm going to sign off tonight by saying make sure that you take notice of all your surroundings and how the people that you interact with affect them because someone may be suddenly yanked out of your world and you won't realize what you've had until they're gone.

(...man! I'm full of cliches tonight aren't I?  lol)

Sleep sweet everyone,
GillyBean.

No comments: